Subject: Re: USB and toshiba tecra 8000
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@mail.augustsson.net>
From: Shelby <snoonan@tbearsiberians.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/22/2001 15:46:37
On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 09:15:48PM +0200, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> Shelby wrote:

> > > I presume you have a kernel that has all the USB device drivers
> > > compiled in? GENERIC should do. After that, what happens if you
> > > plug in an USB device?
> >
> > Sorry  forgot that bit.
> >
> > Jul 22 10:28:38 dragonfly /netbsd: usbd_new_device: addr=2, getting first desc failed
> > Jul 22 10:28:38 dragonfly /netbsd: uhub_explore: usb_new_device failed, error=TIMEOUT
> > Jul 22 10:28:38 dragonfly /netbsd: uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1
> >
> > this on 1.5U with USB_DEBUG turned on and all the usb drivers in the kernel.
> >
> > > The download page at http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/Toshiba/ has some
> > > hints, maybe have a look.
> >
> > Well, it says it works..  and it does under Linux, so it must be some funny setup thing
> > I have done here..  but I can't think what.  BIOS dosn't have many options.
>
> It sounds like you might not be getting any interrupts.
> Are you using PCIBIOS?

Correct  no interrupts...

from my config file
# Configure PCI using BIOS information
options   PCIBIOS     # PCI BIOS support
options   PCIBIOSVERBOSE    # PCI BIOS verbose info
options   PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP  # fixup PCI I/O addresses
options   PCIBIOS_BUS_FIXUP # fixup PCI bus numbering
options   PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP  # fixup PCI interrupt routing
options   PCIBIOS_IRQS_HINT=0x0a00 # PCI interrupts hint. IRQ 9 or 11
options   PCIBIOS_INTR_GUESS  # see pcibios(4)
options   PCIINTR_DEBUG   # super-verbose PCI interrupt fixup

>     --Lennart

Shelby