Subject: I have a lot off soft errors on my IDE disks ( and now the new one also)
To: NetBSD Port I386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jan H. van Gils <JanVG@Knoware.NL>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/21/2001 20:49:52
	Hi,

Thanks for reading.

For about a year now I am running NetBSD-current on my
Pentium 133 and later Pentium-II. But there is a strange
think.

Two months ago my first master IDE crashed after a lot of
messages:
	"date time hostname /netbsd: wd0a: uncorrectable data error reading fsbn
2986992 of 2986992-2987007 (wd0 bn 2986992; cn 2963 tn 4 sn 36), retrying"
	"date time hostname /netbsd: wd0: soft error (corrected)"

I changed the disk and the main board and now I have similar
errors in my messages file.

I have never seen these errors when I was running Linux on
my system.
Are there known problems to the IDE drivers that could cause
these problems ?

Jan

----
With regards Jan H. van Gils
Internet web-page http://www.Knoware.NL/users/janvg/
Internet e-mail address JanVG@Knoware.NL
RIPE Whois JHG5-RIPE, 6BONE Whois JHG1-6BONE