Subject: Re: mounting msdos partition from an extended partition
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Bernd Limbach <BeLi@aventa.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/19/2001 12:57:01
Hi!

> > As I wrote, the start sector and the size for the disklabel was used
from
> > Partition Magic 6.0.
>
> If you're running 1.5.1, could you check that mbrlabel gives the same
result ?

Right now it is only the kernel, not userland. Will that make a difference?
Anyway, I will upgrade, I haven't changed /etc too much. Will try that on
the weekend if possible.

BTW, I am not sure, if I understand the man page of mbr label correctly.
Will try mbrlabel then.

> 'man fstab':

Sorry, another simple RTFM. Thanks Manuel!

> > 1st part:    NTFS5 (D:\)
> > 2nd part:    FAT32 (E:\)
> > 3rd part:    FAT32 (F:\)
>
> Just to be sure, you're not trying to mount the NTFS part ?

No, definetly not. I will compare the sector differences between PM 6.0 and
fdisk/mbrlabel on the weekend.

--
MfG, Best regards,
GP, BP, YIS                                 Bernd