Subject: RE: NetBSD docs
To: 'Dave Burgess' , Oleg Frolov <of@linkedwith.lv>
From: Siders, Keith <keith_siders@toshibatv.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/18/2001 10:19:26
->
-> If anyone thinks this is a good idea (signified by "I'd be
-> glad to help you
-> with that"), please let me know.
->

An aggressive documentation project would be a good candidate to consider as
a CVS project. If you're going to do it, do it right and use a revision
control system like CVS. The process for writing documentation is basically
the same as for writing software.

BTW, "I'd be glad to help you with that" is ditto for me. I could help
review documentation for clarity, though I'm no BSD guru. In other words you
can tell me what you know, and I can tell you if it makes sense to me. ;-)
I've written numerous technical documents and have received compliments on
my documentation, so I guess I can safely say that I can definitely help
with document structure and clarity. And in the process I'll learn a lot
about NetBSD.

FYI, the Linux community has one of these and it's called the Linux
Documentation Project (LDP), so this isn't new, just a good idea...

Keith Siders
Toshiba America Consumer Products, Inc.