Subject: Armada 1120 & pciide0:0:0 lost interrupt
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/17/2001 13:27:36
[Please keep me in the Cc:, I'm not subscribed to port-i386]

I'm trying to get NetBSD/i386 up and going on a Compaq Armada 1120
laptop.  It's a pretty modest P100 w/ 8MB of RAM but should be plenty
for what I'd use it for.  Booting off of bootlap1.fs and bootlap2.fs out
of the 1.5.1 release directory results in a stream of pciide0:0:0 lost
interrupt messages down the screen.  The wd driver seems to initialize
fine and scrolls through dmesg, then after initializing the pcmcia
controller it starts spewing pciide messages.  I've used
NetBSD/Alpha and Sparc pretty extensively but this is my first attempt
at getting i386 up and going with it.

Reproduced by hand:
pciide0:0:0:	lost interrupt
	type: ata tc_bcount: 512 tc_skip: 0
(repeats 4x)
wd0d: devce timeout reading fsbn 0 (wd0 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0), retrying

This group of messages repeats for a number of minutes, at which point
it appears to give up and enter the installer anyway.  Then as soon as
you select to enter the partition editor the messages begin spewing
again.  I just tried booting again, suffered through the messages, and I
can at least quit the installer and get to a prompt.  Looking through
dmesg shows it's an OPTi 82c621 PCI IDE controller interrupting at irq
14.  The secondary channel shows up as disabled in dmesg.  pcic0 says
it's using irq 3 for socket events.  The pcic is a Cirrus PD672X.

What's up with my IDE controller?

Thanks,

--
Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common.  Instead
of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit
their views ... which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one
of the facts that needs altering.
	- Doctor Who, "Face of Evil"