Subject: Re: DHCP and RoadRunner Cable Modem
To: NetBSD i386 <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Analysis and Solutions <info@analysisandsolutions.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/17/2001 11:56:02
Hi Laine:

> AFAIK, this is a benign message. It just means that the DHCP server
> has sent a packet that has extra data at the end. This used to kill
> dhclient, but no longer does, it just ignores it. I've been getting
> that message ever since my provider (RCN in northeast US) upgraded
> their network about 6 months ago.

We're in different boats.  The "ip length disagrees" message upon invocation
of dhclient is 100% corelated between my ability to connect and not.  When it
appears, I can't get outside.  When it doesn't appear, there are no problems
getting out.

I trust you're using some other network card, thus another network card
driver.

Enjoy,

--Dan

--