Subject: Re: mounting msdos partition from an extended partition
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Bernd Limbach <BeLi@aventa.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/16/2001 18:57:09
Manuel,

> > I tried to add a msdos partition to my NetBSD system and followed
Fredericos
> > Lupis short guide. He describes this with a primary partition when I
[..]
> What was the exact message ?

extraction of boot message:
--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<
backup doesn't compare to primary bootblock
/dev/rwd0f: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTY; RUN fsck_msdos MANUALLY

THE FOLLOWING FILE SYSTEM HAD AN UNEXPECTED INCONSISTY
    msdos: /dev/rwd0f    (/pub)
Automatic file system check failed; help!
--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<

my /etc/fstab:
--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<
/dev/wd0a / ffs rw 1 1
/dev/wd0b none swap sw 0 0
/dev/wd0e /usr ffs rw 1 2
/kern /kern kernfs rw
/dev/cd0a /cdrom cd9660 ro,noauto 0 0
/dev/wd0f /pub msdos rw,noauto 1 3
--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<

As I wrote, the start sector and the size for the disklabel was used from
Partition Magic 6.0.

One more question:
What does in the numerical entires at the end of the line mean exactly?
I learned by a private email that "0 0" will skip the consistency checks.

BTW, my extended partition consists of the following file systems:
1st part:    NTFS5 (D:\)
2nd part:    FAT32 (E:\)
3rd part:    FAT32 (F:\)

--
MfG, Best regards,
GP, BP, YIS                                 Bernd