Subject: Re: offtopic: what "PNP OS" in BIOS option is doing?
To: NetBSD/i386 Discussion List <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/14/2001 18:52:23
[ On Saturday, July 14, 2001 at 16:13:30 (-0400), Todd Vierling wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: offtopic: what "PNP OS" in BIOS option is doing?
>
> Parts of the PCI and PnP initialization are explicitly *not* done if this
> option is set to "Yes"; Win9x has code to go in and set up the PCI bus
> manually and allocate IRQs at runtime to make use of this.
>
> We do provide some support for the various PCIBIOS and PnPbios calls
> involved in 1.5.x and -current, but most of it is not enabled by default.
> Your best bet is to set this option to "no".

I've got pnpbios disabled, but isapnp enabled (because that's what's in
the GENERIC kernel).  As far as I can tell that's what causes my ep card
to get recognized twice (and generally fail to work under either guise).

Hmmm... does that mean the i386 GENERIC kernel might be better not to
include so many isapnp things?

--
							Greg A. Woods