Subject: Re: List of USB Ethernet & Mass Devices tested with NetBSD 1.5.1
To: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@cyberstation.ca>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@mail.augustsson.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/14/2001 16:49:26
Alicia da Conceicao wrote:

> For the "I-O DATA Lan Egg Slim, USB-ET/TX-S" USB ethernet adapter I get
> the following boot messages:
>
>         ugen0 at uhub0 port 2
>         ugen0: I-O DATA DEVICES,INC. USB-ET/TX-S, rev 1.10/1.01, addr 2

I bet this device works with the kue or aue driver.  But it needs to be added to the
table in the driver to work.  If you are willing to experiment I can give you the
instructions on how to add it.

> Unfortunately the USB Supported Hardware list on:
>
>         http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/usb.html
>
> Only gives the following info:
>
>      * USB mass storage devices, e.g. USB Zip drives (umass)
>      * USB Ethernet adapters (aue, cue, and kue)
>
> It does not provide any type of actual hardware list I can look up in
> a catalog or ask for in a store.

Did you try `man umass', `man aue', `man cue', and `man kue'?
The lists there are not complete, but it's a beginning.

    -- Lennart