Subject: Re: WINE problems
To: None <JakeCatfox@aol.com>
From: Bang Jun-Young <bjy@mogua.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/14/2001 15:55:00
On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 12:28:38AM -0400, JakeCatfox@aol.com wrote:
> I tried to install and run WINE on my NetBSD 1.5 machine .. but whenever I
> try to run a Windows app, with wine <progname> I get "Floating point
> exception (core dumped)." Any ideas? ...

Recent snapshots of Wine won't run on 1.5.x or earlier releases
due to a couple of problems, which include:

 - 1.5 and earlier releases don't have support for the native clone(2)
   syscall.
 - There's a problem with .init/.fini sections in C startup files (rel-1.5)
 - And, unfortunately, Wine itself has quite a number of bugs, and many
   of them are not easy to fix. :(

Jun-Young

--
Bang Jun-Young <bjy@mogua.org>