Subject: vmware periodic freeze
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/13/2001 23:05:13
Hi,

I currenty try using vmware on -current (from begin of this week). I
managed to setup a NT 4 client.

While this same client (config file and image file) works fine on
Linux, on NetBSD there is a small quirk (but very annoying).

About every 3 seconds the vmware machine freezes for about 3
seconds.
While this happens one of the vmware processes is in a function
"xscmd".
Here's the ps axl line:

   0 363  360   0  -6 -19  3092   1992 xscmd    D<L  ?? 0:00.13
   /emul/linux/usr/local/bin/vmware -q notesnt/vm-nt.cfg

I cannot find this xscmd function, a nm /netbsd | grep xscmd reveils
nothing.

Is there some other place where ps gets these names?

regards,
chris

PS: I almost forgot. If someone knows how to get rid of this freeze,
please tell me.