Subject: Re: 1.5.1 by-hand upgrade
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
From: Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@tampabay.rr.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/12/2001 15:22:00
Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> > > Disabling protocol version 2. Could not load host key
> > >
> > > what's the problem? i've tried to regenerate keys by deleting
> > > /etc/ssh_host* , but still the same.
> > >
> > > sshd.conf and ssh.conf is unchanged.
>
> unchanged = i've copied from original netbsd etc.tgz
>
> > You need to refresh your sshd.conf as there are some new/different
> > parameters and filenames etc. have changed as a new openssh is in use.

Sorry, I'm a -current user and what I'd suggested above is how I've
been migrating forward as openssh continues to "evolve."

So does this mean 1.5.1 shipping with an sshd that is not in sync
with its sshd.conf file?

I'm using -current and my sshd.conf includes

  # HostKey for protocol version 1
  HostKey /etc/ssh_host_key
  # HostKeys for protocol version 2
  HostKey /etc/ssh_host_rsa_key