Subject: Raid10
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: dkwok <dkwok@iware.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/10/2001 23:57:01

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C1099C.033D9440

I have built Raid10 with 4 ide drive connect to the ATA66 VIA bus. The =
raid set works ok when there was not much traffic. When I started using =
it more it had dma loss-interrupt. Eventually I replace it with 2 =
Highpoint ATA 100 hot rod card. Of course I have to recompile the kernel =
to hardwire the details of pciide and wd specification into the kernel. =
After recompilation of kernel I copy the revised kernel into the root =
raid set. I have checked all raid device they are all with parity =
repaired and in sync. But when I reboot and set boot from raid sets. I =
have the following error:

fsck :/dev/rraid1a: segmentation fault
unknown error; help!
init: /bin/sh on /etc/rc terminated abnormally going to single user mode =

/dev/rraid1a is the root raid set. I have checked it with autoconf =
turned off, It seems to be in good order. Can anyone give me a pointer.

David Kwok

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C1099C.033D9440

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have built Raid10 with 4 ide drive =
connect to the=20
ATA66 VIA bus. The raid set works ok when there was not much traffic. =
When I=20
started using it more it had dma loss-interrupt. Eventually I replace it =
with 2=20
Highpoint ATA 100 hot rod card. Of course I have to recompile the kernel =
to=20
hardwire the details of pciide and wd specification into the kernel. =
After=20
recompilation of kernel I copy the revised kernel into the root raid =
set. I have=20
checked all raid device they are all with parity repaired and in sync. =
But when=20
I reboot and set boot from raid sets. I have the following =
error:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>fsck :/dev/rraid1a: segmentation =
fault</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>unknown error; help!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>init: /bin/sh on /etc/rc terminated =
abnormally=20
going to single user mode </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>/dev/rraid1a is the root raid set. I =
have checked=20
it with autoconf turned off, It seems to be in good order. Can anyone =
give me a=20
pointer.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>David Kwok</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C1099C.033D9440--