Subject: Re: linux staroffice 5.2 emulation
To: Jaromr Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/09/2001 23:38:41
Jaromr Dolecek wrote:

> Could you try to use -e linux for the ktrace? E.g. ktrace -i -e
> linux 'progname'. It seems ktrace is misidentifying the ktrace
> as being for NetBSD binary (hence the strange syscall names).

ktruss -i -e linux ... gives pretty much the same result.

A bit more background... I've got /emul/linux/bin in my path so that it
picks up a Linux uname and does something useful, if that makes any
difference. The reason for this is our exec stuff seems to run native
/bin/sh if an executable file has #!/bin/sh when started from a linux
process. The script is buried in something like a zip file so I can't
change it.

I would point you at the ktrace/kdump output, but its >550Mb.

> Nick Hudson wrote:
> > > Which system call? Could you please send (last lines of) ktrace dump?
> > > Latest kernel == which? 1.5 series, or -current?
> >
> > A ktrace of the one of the installation processes gives the following
> > (in attachment)...
> >
> > I tried a -current kernel and it locked the machine solid at a similar
> > point to the core dump with 1.5.
>
> Oops ... I'm definitely interested in this.

Let me know what and how I can get you information...

Nick