Subject: RE: Terminal server
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jenkins, Graham K \[IBM GSA\] <Graham.K.Jenkins@team.telstra.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/09/2001 09:55:18
I'd really like to see a NetBSD terminal server project. We have a deployed
number of old 486 machines as Xterminals in a DHCP environment - but
the users tend to do horrible things with their power switches - which
can result in corrupt filesystems.

So a client terminal bootable via a NIC-PROM and/or floppy - would solve a
lot of problems for me.  I know I could set all this up myself, but having
a number of more experienced heads working on this thing as a project
could produce a superior end result, able to be used by a large number
of people.

G.