Subject: Re: USB Modems, Keyboards, Mice..
To: None <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/08/2001 17:32:04
   On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 12:23:20PM -0400, Brad Spencer wrote:
   > [...]
   >
   > There are two slightly annoying things with using USB keyboards and mice.
   >
   > 1) every so often the USB mouse will lose itself.  That is, the mouse will
   > no longer track with the X pointer.  Pulling the mouse out and plugging it
   > back in always fixs things.  I don't know if the trouble is with XFree or
   > wsmux or wsmouse.  It doesn't happen all the time, and seems to be related
   > to acceleration and hitting the side of the screen.

   I use a logitec USB mouse, both at work at at home on 2 different motherboard
   (one Intel-base, the second acer lab) without problem.
   Maybe it's related to the keyboard's USB hub ?

   --
   Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
   --

This particular behavior happens with two different USB mice types and
without the hub being involved.

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://anduin.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]