Subject: Re: USB Modems, Keyboards, Mice..
To: None <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/07/2001 18:02:52

>> >That's safer.  Not because the USB modem driver doesn't work, but
>> >because most USB modems are "winmodems" that the driver cannot handle.
>>
>> Just for the record ... the one USB modem I tried "just worked" with NetBSD.
>could you tell the name

Mine says on it, "New Media V.90 USB Modem".  I don't have the box anymore,
but I seem to recall that it said "Hayes Compatible", which I took to mean
it implemented the good ol' "AT" command set ... which it turns out that
it does.  So I figured it wasn't a "winmodem".  Maybe looking for a "Hayes
Compatible" USB modem is what you want?

--Ken