Subject: Some Ectiva Sound Success
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <JakeCatfox@aol.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/06/2001 23:05:18
I've reinstalled NetBSD, and now it at least is not giving errors left and
right. However, when I try to use mixerctl or audioctl it tells me the
operation is not supported by the device. I installed OSS, and it
autodetected my Ectiva 1938 card, and I ran Soundon, and had no errors.
However, whenever I try to dump some data on /dev/audio or /dev/sound, it
acts like it's playing, but no sound comes out (like before on my PC, like
the mute is on.) To solve this, I tried to turn off mute using mixerctl, but
typing mixerctl just hangs until I hit ^C.

What can I do? ..
-- Deven G.