Subject: NetBSD *inside* VMware on NetBSD?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/06/2001 18:56:32
I need to have both 1.5.1 and -current on one of my machines.  I'd like
to do it by running -current inside VMware.

Unfortunately, I can't get the -current install disks to get through
autoconfiguration.  With IDE "disks", I get to the probe of pciide0,
and then I get a hard hang (the only thing that seems odd up to that
point is that cpu0 is probed as 471983.81MHz instead of the correct
1300MHz).  With SCSI "disks" bha0's probed, then pcib0, but I get the
same hard hang right after the "isa0 at pcib0" line.

Has anyone got NetBSD running *inside* VMware?  I'm trying to use chs's
snapshot of 2001-05-26.

I've tried varying how much memory VMware has from 32 to 256MB, as well
as turning on and off the "linuxrtc" device; no difference that I can see.

    And now he couldn't remember when this passion had flown, leaving him so
  foolish and bewildered and astray: can any man?
						   William Styron