Subject: Re: BSD User Census...
To: None <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/06/2001 14:17:23
On Fri, 6 Jul 2001 wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net wrote:
#
# you should be happy there are not many NetBSD users while enough to keep
# the project going on.
#
# when NetBSD will be as popular as now redhat i will start searching for
# another unix.

Popularity in and of itself is not necessarily a bad thing.

The bad thing is if the popularity is the object, and technical excellence
is brushed aside in its name.

Same can be said for "ease of use".  I don't care.  If the "Ease of use"
gets in the way of me doing my job, it's failed in its objective.

"Popularity" is merely a description applied to describe that it has become
widely used.  If it can still keep its technical edge while it becomes
widely used, it will have succeeded where every single other OS will have
failed.  I have faith that NetBSD can do this.

Hell, I'd love to see NetBSD in more use than it is.  I keep trying to
put it in places that I work but people turn blind eyes, and you can't
convince the willingly ignorant of anything.

Popular.  Screw the numbers.  The proof is in the people.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: We're so committed to it being free, we won't sell it to you
          even if you ask!