Subject: dhcp changes in 1.5.1
To: NetBSD i386 <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Analysis and Solutions <info@analysisandsolutions.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/05/2001 11:21:32
Hi Folks.  I was reading the change log for NetBSD 1.5.1.  One section said:

   The DHCP software has been upgraded...
   Please note that the new dhcpd(8) forces you to configure a
   "ddns-update-style" of either "ad-hoc", "interim" or "none".

Could someone please explain what this means?  And does it mean I'll have to
do anything in particular to make my connection, which uses DHCP, to the net
work?

Thanks,

--Dan

--