Subject: Re: Lucent Orinico and adhoc mode
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/04/2001 20:52:36
mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca (Michael Richardson) writes:
>   The other challenge was that I was unable to find a quoting for
> dhclient.conf's media statement that successfully set an IBSS NETNAME
> that had a space. (E.g. "NetBSD IBBS")
>   I wound up setting both to "NetBSD"...

I've been meaning to ask this for a while.  Wouldn't it be better if
the kernel default for an(4) and wi(4) was "ANY"?  That string appears
to be a magic wildcard value to the card's firmware where with card
will peer up with any other SSID.  Putting "NetBSD IBSS" in there is
an amusing way to advertise one's OS, but it does little for
interoperability.

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>