Subject: Re: strange NMI, apparently from pciide....
To: NetBSD/i386 Discussion List <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/04/2001 17:09:54
[ On Wednesday, July 4, 2001 at 21:54:37 (+0200), Manuel Bouyer wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: strange NMI, apparently from pciide....
>
> The IDE controller isn't supposed to generate NMI. You may have other
> problems.

This motherboard is claimed (by the manufacturer) to be suitable for
server-class machines.  I'm trying to find any further documentation on
how the NMI wiring might be connected.

I'm guessing though that they've done soemthing similar to what Intel
did for their ServerBIOS class motherboards (eg. the STL2) which have an
option to enable NMI on PCIERR.  I don't know if the pciide controller
will raise PCIERR on the kinds of errors I see, but if so then that
might explain things....

--
							Greg A. Woods