Subject: Re: CMI CX3D
To: None <JakeCatfox@aol.com>
From: Nigel Reed <nigel@nelgin.nu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/04/2001 14:32:05
I have an AC97 in my NetBSD box and it works fine. Did you compile all
the correct drivers into the kernel?

bash-2.05$ dmesg|grep AC
auvia0 at pci0 dev 7 function 5: VIA VT82C686A AC'97 Audio (rev H)
auvia0: SigmaTel STAC9721/23 codec; 18 bit DAC, 18 bit ADC, Rockwell 3D
auvia0: warning: codec doesn't support hardware AC'97 2.0 Variable Rate Audio

I think there were a few other things I configured too, but it should
work.

Post your config file so someone can check it out.

Regards
Nigel