Subject: clock keeps going out of sync (was Re: I feel like an idiot)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/28/2001 20:44:53
On Thu, Jun 28 2001 at 11:32:43 -0700, stripes@tigerlair.com wrote:
						^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Fun, new problem. For some reason, my clock keeps going out of sync
> (which makes using certs a bitch).
>
> It doesn't pick a time that makes sense. For example, today is 28 June
> 2001 (which it's ok with), but the time is 18:23 PDT, which isn't correct.
That makes roughly 7h, the difference between UTC and PDT.

I think it's a Timezone problem. Do you run some inferior OS that doesn'
know/understand that the world is round on your laptop as well? Then you'll
have to use the option RTC_OFFSET (see man options) and recompile your
kernel.
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.