Subject: Re: Newbie help docs from OpenBSD
To: None <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/20/2001 11:09:10
On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 02:53:15PM +0000, oinkfreebiker@att.net wrote:
> I find, however, that OpenBSD seems to have more,
> clearer (dumbed down) docs on their web site.

Have you looked at the NetBSD Guide? Federico Lupi has done a wonderful
job of providing easy-to-read, step-by-step instructions for many tasks.

See http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/ and pick 'The NetBSD Guide' in
the language and format of your choice.

> So my question is, since OpenBSD uses the NetBSD kernel,
> how safe is it to employ OpenBSD help docs (on stuff like
> ppp, etc) when trying to ramp up on NetBSD?

The majority of that will be the same. From time to time, NetBSD
introduces changes like the rd.c/rcorder system, which will put the docs
out of sync for a while - until OpenBSD chooses to import that
subsystem. Most things will look similar enough though. If not... ask
here :-)

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,