Subject: backup question
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/19/2001 20:20:11
Here's something I used to do often...on the Amiga...can
you do it on NetBSD? (Can't on Win32!)

On the Amiga 2000, I used to do backups by copying one
whole hard drive to another. The HD being copied was the
main HD, with the OS on it and everything, and the CPU
was doing other stuff besides.

It was never a problem. I used to do that every week for
my backup, just copy dh0: to dh1: It always worked and
never a hitch.

You can't do that on Wyndoze. It will snag and hang up
the first file it tries to copy while in current use. The
Amiga did it, so it can't be impossible.

My question is, can you do that on NetBSD?

Thanks,

Gan Starling
Kalamazoo MI