Subject: Window Maker - 0.65
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: admin <dkwok@iware.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/12/2001 22:54:31
I have used the pkg_add to WindowMaker. However when I installed another
package, it needs a newer version of another package and with all this
dependency, I finally upgraded the package required This also means that
I mucked window maker. Ok that is fine. I looked through the pkgsrc and
could not find window maker at all. Not being scared off by this
inconvienence I went to Window Maker.org and download the src and
compile it myself.

But I still have problem when I tried to run it. The error message is
that it could not locate ../wrlib/.lib/libwraster.so. I looked up the
FAQ, it instructed me to do ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib to merge the
/usr/local/lib so that the program can find the link library.

However it still does not work?? I did ldd wmaker. It says that it could
not find libwraster.so plus lXpm.4, lXext.6 and lX11.6. Now it is really
confusing to me, an accountant, who just does not like windoz and
bravely hopped into this wonderful unix world. Now so much whinging.
Could anyone give me some hints?

David Kwok