Subject: Re: Plex86
To: Urban Boquist <urban@boquist.net>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@burghcom.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/11/2001 23:35:45

> I've been using VMware for a couple of weeks now to run Windows and

There's an NT/2k Terminal Services client called RDesktop available now.
There's also a 3rd party patch for 16bit color support.  It's incredibly
fast and small.  I makes emulating windows basically useless.

What you do is make your employer buy a 2k terminal server, and then you
sure that some idiot NT administrator in some other department responsible
for the box.

Or you can make yourself a personal VNC/TS beater box.  Run it headless
under your desk.

> the Office suite on my old PentiumII-366 laptop, running
> NetBSD-1.5V. Sofar I have been extremely pleased with how well it
> works. Even fullscreen mode works fine, despite what the NetBSD readme
> said.

--Brian

 ----

"GNU/Linux: About as stable as the elements at the bottom of the periodic
table"