Subject: Re: Does anyone know how to fix this?
To: Nigel Reed <nigel@nelgin.nu>
From: Steve Woodford <scw@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/11/2001 09:11:38
On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Nigel Reed wrote:

> Your problem may be connected to port-i386/11644
> If the suggestions don't help then you're probably SOL - That one has
> been open since December last year.
>
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 02:55:29AM +0100, fuguru@another.com wrote:
> > [snip OPTi pciide extent_alloc_region() panic]

Sorry for not looking into this sooner; I'm the author of the OPTi support
in pciide(4) and for some reason I missed that original PR.

I'm currently looking into a related problem (port-i386/13151) with that
driver and have a work-around which should also fix port-i386/11644.

In order for this fix to make it into 1.5.1 (which is *almost* frozen) you
will have to test the change very quickly and let me know the outcome
within the next 24hrs.

Please grab ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/misc/scw/netbsd.GENERIC.gz and let
me know ASAP if it fixes the problem.

Cheers, Steve