Subject: Re: Assistance: NetBSD on Compaq Proliant
To: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
From: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/10/2001 22:45:04
Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com> wrote:

> 	Third problem: I've tried using -current as suggested by Andrew Doran
> (thanks!). This recognizes the RAID subsystem, but panic-traps immediately
> after doing so, apparently due to the lack of something called a 'symbol
> table.'

The symbol table is needed to see where it's crashing; the lack of a symbol
table doesn't cause the crash.

> 	Andrew had made some mention of making me a set of boot floppies that
> corrects this issue, but that was nearly a week ago, and I have not heard
> from him since. I can only assume that he's too busy with getting 1.5.1
> into release phase.

I'm really swamped with work at the moment, so I haven't had a chance to get
back to you on that. I will see about making boot floppy images tomorrow.

> 	Would like to hear from others who have already gone through this process.
> How did you do it? A step-by-step would be helpful, but I'll take darn near
> anything I can get at this point.

The SMART-2/E works fine last I heard. There's no magic involved, we just
need to figure out why it's not working on your machine. That shouldn't be
too difficult, so bear with me..

Andrew