Subject: Changed Main board and Now the kernel wil not boot !, Help wanted !
To: NetBSD Port I386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jan H. van Gils <JanVG@Knoware.NL>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/10/2001 15:31:22
	Hi,

Thanks for reading this email message.

My NetBSD system was still running on a Pentium 133MHz system and it was
Time to change the system to a faster one.
I changed the main board and the processor to a Pentium II 266MHz

But now the NetBSD system will not boot the kernel.
I do get the NetBSD message (I think that it reads the MBR)
but then it is unable to load netbsd file. The system then try's to
read a alterned boot file but that also gives IO INPUT/OUTPUT errors.

I think that the problem has to do with fact that the onboard IDE
controllers interpret the disk geometry in an other way.

My old system was a Pentium 133MHz (64Mb internal memory 4x 16Mb Simm) with
an Intel Baby-AT board also known as Zappa. The disks are IDE Western
Digital, one off them is a 1.2Gb and the other a 3.1Gb type.

My new system is a Pentium II 266MHz (64Mb internal memory 2x 32Mb Dimm)

Are there people out there that had similar problems and know of a way to
fix this problem ?

Jan

----
With regards Jan H. van Gils
Internet web-page http://www.Knoware.NL/users/JanVG/
Internet e-mail address JanVG@Knoware.NL
RIPE Whois JHG5-RIPE, 6BONE Whois JHG1-6BONE