Subject: Re: Plex86
To: davidkwok <dkwok@iware.com.au>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/10/2001 11:18:36
On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, davidkwok wrote:

> I hate to use windoz but still have 3 work software that has to be used
> under windoz environment. VMware is expansive and slow. Is Plex86 any
> better? I know Wine is hopeless and its develepment is very slow.
>
> So how can I find out more about how to install Plex86 on NetBSD1.5.1_Beta2?

Plex86 is in an early stage in development and is not useful yet.
You can find it in pkgsrc (in emulators/plex86) but it is really slow
(it takes > 30 minutes for NetBSD to boot in it) and it is not that
reliable either. (There has been some big improvements in the source
lately (that has not been pkg:ed yet) but there is still much work
remaining. Don't expext to have a useful Plex86 this year...)

   /Krister