Subject: Re: Quick and Dirty Router
To: None <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/09/2001 15:29:44
   > ->
   > -> I am about to put together a quick and dirty router,
   > -> consisting of a 486 with a couple of network cards.
   > -> Does anyone know of a minimal NetBSD distribution
   > -> which will support this - and which will reboot

   please drop me mail if anyone want.
   .tar.gz takes 6.5MB, uncompressed 12MB, without kernel (compile yourself).

   can be easily cut down much more, but now it have lots of useful tools
   like sshd etc..

   anyway fits on 40MB disk without problems

Or, nearly, on a 32MB CF card in a PCMCIA slot.  Although, the booting
part might be a trick, as I doubt most BIOS's would treat a "secondary"
IDE controller as a valid booting device.  Maybe coupled with a floppy??

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://anduin.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]