Subject: Re: Staroffice
To: dkwok <dkwok@iware.com.au>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/08/2001 10:20:42
> There has been a fair bit of discussions previously on installing star office. Could someone who has been successfully installed Star Office on netbsd published a how-to doc. I think a lot of the newbies out there would like replicate your success. And more importantly learn a lot more about linux compat/emul on netbsd.

 [Please use a CR about every 75 chars a line]

 How about starting over with NetBSD package system? There is a complete
Star office package available, which automatically installs the Linux
emulation on which it depends.

 cd /usr/pkgsrc/misc/staroffice
 make install
 (Requires to install the pkgsrc-Tarball or cvs)

 Or

 cd /usr/myarchives
 pkg_add staroffice-package.tgz
 (Requires to download all relevant packages; possibly incuding an updated
version of pkg_add itself :-)

 See more about the package system here:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/

Markus Illenseer