Subject: Re: port-i386/1278: add a PLIP interface to i386 parallel driver
To: Petri Koistinen <pkoistin@cs.stadia.fi>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/08/2001 09:24:07
> Why nobody hasn't even analyzed this PR? While duplicate of this, PR 1516
> is already closed.
>
> Petri

Yes, the duplicate has been closed, because of this.

In the meantime we have generic soft interrupts on most ports, so this driver
could be made a bit more MI. I still have the last patches I used around,
and could update them to current, if anyone cares.

I suppose interrest in PLIP has vastly faded (if it ever existed). Actually I
would have a hard time finding something to test against.

This was put on hold because of two items it depends on: the generic soft
interrupts (which are now basically there) and a generic ppbus framework,
that someone was supposed to work on several years ago.

IMHO it would only make sense to pick this up again if (a) somebody cares
about PLIP (would not be me), and (b) someone investigates into porting
FreeBSDs paralell port bus stuff (again, that'll not be me).

Failing that, I would put the PR into suspended state.

Martin