Subject: NetBSD on Laptop....HELP!
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Billings, Robert \(MED, OEC\) <Robert.Billings@med.ge.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/06/2001 16:09:06
I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.5 on a Compaq Presario 1235 laptop. So
far so good. My problem is with trying to get networking set up. I've
got an EtherFast 10/100 PC Card from Linksys in the PCMCIA slot. It
shows up as ne0. Anytime I try to run dhclient or even mark the
interface as up the system hangs. Sometimes I can remove the card and
recover other times I need to reboot.

Does anyone have experience with this sort of set up? I know the
information I've provided thus far is pretty slim, but I figure that
somebody already has had the same experience with this sort of set up.

Thanks

Rob

g	 GE Medical Systems
                              OEC