Subject: Suse_Linux
To: NetBSD <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: James Tuman Nelson <jimtnelson@earthlink.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/05/2001 21:17:13
I attempted to update my suse_linux emulator package to 6.4nb2 from 6.3.
 I am unable to install suse_base (version 6.4) after pkg_deleting
version 6.3.  The installer crashes when looking for
/usr/pkg/emul/linux/sbin/ldconfig, which was deleted when deleting
version 6.3.  (This is a classic catch 22 situation.)
ldconfig is evidently installed when suse_base-6.3 is installed, but not
when suse_base-6.4 is. Also, rpm2cpio is looked for, but not found, and
something called "@@PAX@@" is not found, during the installation
attempt.  suse_linux-6.3 installs fine.

So, I will bite!  Has anyone experienced this problem with installation
of suse_linux 6.4, and what should I do?

The whole point of doing this is to run staroffice.

Jim Nelson
jnelson@wiai.com