Subject: Current's 2nd disk...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/05/2001 09:30:22
	Thanks to all those who responded with the word that the standard floppy
install kernel of 1.5 does not have support compiled in for the SMART2/E
RAID adapter. I've been given two options to get around this:

	1). Compile a new install kernel with RAID support enabled (impractical
since I don't have any other i386 machines running NetBSD at the moment).

	2). Use the -current branch which, apparently, does have RAID support in
the install floppies.

	I'm trying to do option 2 at this time. In fact, I've tried it with the
5-26 release of -current. For whatever reason, the second floppy won't
boot. I keep getting error messages that netbsd et al cannot be found.

	I've just downloaded the floppy images for the BETA_2 release. I'll see if
I have any better luck there. Meantime, any thoughts on the non-boot of the
-current release?

	Worst case, would someone be willing to compile me a kernel with the
SMART2/E enabled?

	Thanks much.

Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
http://www.bluefeathertech.com  // E-mail: kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com
Amateur Radio: KC7GR, active since 12-77 (Extra class as of June-2K)
"I'll get a life when someone demonstrates to me that it would be
superior to what I have now..." (Gym Z. Quirk, aka Taki Kogoma).