Subject: Re: internet news feed backlog.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Paul \(NCC/CS\) <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/04/2001 11:08:47
Hi all,

thanks to Mark and Jim for showing me where to get
the perl library.

I now have "pullnews" and "suck" both working. They
both report that they get all the articles from the old box.
But neither can get the mail actually into the new server
on the new box.

I looked at permissions in /var/news/etc/readers.conf
and I have:

auth "*" {
     hosts: "*"
     default: "*"
     default-domain: "*"
}

access "all" {
     users: "*"
     newsgroups: "*"
     access: "Read Post"
}

It keeps saying "articles rejected" but where
do I give it permission?
Is my problem in here? Can anyone help?

...and also is there a better forum for this question out
there other than port-i386?

I don't mean to post my news problems here if it's
badly inappropriate. I just can't think of any other
forum for this.

Thankyou V much.
Paul.