Subject: Re: Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel
To: Georges Heinesch <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/03/2001 10:31:52
> Georges Heinesch wrote:
> >
> > > I use the Logitech cordless MouseMan Wheel.
> >
> > > -   Protocol    "Wsmouse"
> > >     Device      "/dev/wsmouse0"
> >
> > >     This works, but the left button is not available.

Here's a long shot... maybe the buttons are just mapped funny on this
particular mouse. Try

	xev | grep -3 button

and see what you get when you click all the buttons. Because of the
pipe buffer, it may show nothing until you hit Control-C. (I find all
I have to do, though, is move the mouse in and out of the "xev"  to
flood the buffer and see the result.) The leftmost button is supposed
to be "button 1", the middle "button 2", and the right "button 3".

If that's all it is, you can remap the buttons using "xmodmap".  By
way of example, if the button you would like to be "button 1" probes
as "button 4", you can fix it with

	xmodmap -e "pointer 4"

Frederick