Subject: Re: internet news feed backlog.
To: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: Paul \(NCC/CS\) <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/03/2001 20:43:08
"Valeriy E. Ushakov" wrote:

> On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 13:04:06 +1000, Paul (NCC/CS) wrote:
>
> > And I set up a feed from the old box in the hope that all
> > the old messages on the old box would be fed to the new
> > one. But It only feeds to the new box "fresh" articles
> > posted to the old box.
> >
> > My problem is simply that I need to get the existing
> > articles on the old box onto the new one, but I can't
> > figure out how to do it so we can make the new one
> > go live/production.
> >
> > Surely there is some way to import all the old news?
>
> Try suck or slurp, or some other "pull" style package that connects to
> server and pretends to be a news reader.

Hi there, still going with this,

installed "suck" and ran:
suck ortega.ho.bom.gov.au -bi batch_file

This worked and put the news articles in a subdirectory
called "Msgs"

followed by:
innxmit localhost batch_file

but nothing happened. No news put in the news host.

am I doing something wrong with innxmit? Anyone
know why I can't get the news in?

Also tried "pullnews" but it needed a Perl package said
to be in

       You   must   have  Graham  Barr's  Net::NNTP  perl  module
       installed on your system. This is part of the libnet  bun-
       dle  and  can  be  found  on  CPAN  or  from Graham's site
       http://www.connect.net/gbarr/

But this url doesn't exist.

Can anyone help here?

thanks,