Subject: IPFilter license changes
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: David <neko@gencompprod.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/29/2001 18:05:46
	I'm sure many of you have heard of the license changes in the IP
Filter development.  Perhaps this might not mean much to many people, the
license has now said that redistribution of the source is forbidden.  I'm
curious of the opinions on this, though for some people, it's a terrible
license especially when finding a bug or modifying the source for
individual purposes.  Even with the license changes, does anyone know what
happens to the "modified" OpenBSD ipf?  I have a friend who works with
some unix developers, one of his fellow work mates got into a "sue
me" argument with the developer of IP Filter (I forget his name), so lots
of different reactions.

David