Subject: Re: Confusing "current" versions of IPF (a.o.?)
To: None <lsp93@xs4all.nl>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/28/2001 19:49:25
> 1.some weeks ago I started to follow current by pulling in
> files from the current 1-5 branch.

That's confusing terminology.  There is the "netbsd-1-5" branch,
which 1.5 was released from, and which 1.5.1 is going to be
released from, and there is the main trunk in the CVS repository
which is commonly referred to as "NetBSD-current".

> IPF build fine as version 3.4.16.
> Then Darren Reed announced major flaws with "keep state" in e'y
> version before 3.4.17, so I decided to pull in the total
> current branch with cvs in the hope to find IPF-3.4.17 in
> there.
>
> I SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT!!
>
> IPF is set back to 3.4.9 (oh please).

It is 3.4.9, which was shipped in 1.5, but with some important
bugfixes applied.  If you inspect the CHANGES-1.5.1 file (on the
netbsd-1-5 branch), you will find these two entries:

sys/netinet/ip_ftp_pxy.c                        patch

  Fix machine hangs with FTP from behind a NetBSD box configured
  to do NAT and FTP proxying using IPF.  Fixes PR#12443.

sys/netinet/ip_frag.c                           1.23
sys/netinet/ip_frag.h                           1.16
sys/netinet/ip_nat.c                            1.39
sys/netinet/ip_nat.h                            1.23
sys/netinet/ip_state.c                          1.30

  Fix bug related to fragment cache handling in IPF.

Regards,

- H=E5vard