Subject: Re: SCSI host adaptors
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/28/2001 12:17:39
Hi,

On 28 May 2001, at 5:07, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> I don't know how many bits in SCSI drives, but Trantor T130B is 8-bit
> with 25 pins external, 50 pins internal connectors.  Iomega SCSI Zip
> drives have 25-pin connector, I didn't think there ever was an
> internal Iomega SCSI Zip drive, though there is an internal SCSI Jaz
> drive.  I don't know about terminating the higher 8bit, but I would
> need a 50-to-25 adapter to connect the external SCSI Zip 250.

I have an internal Zip100 (mounted in an external case). Wide
connectors have usually 68 pins, if you need to attach a narrow
device (8bit) to a wide bus (16bit), you will need to terminate the
higher 8bit, but that is not the case here. You will need a DB-25 to
50 pin centronic or 50 pin high density converter or a cable with a
DB-25 on one end and a 50 Pin connector at the other.

You might consider a look at adaptecs onlineshop at
"http://www.adaptec.com/products/datasheets/external_cables.html"
 but be aware that their prices tend to be a bit high. OTOH the
products are excellent and I have solved "strange" SCSI problems
by using their cables.

HTH

mike