Subject: Re: SCSI host adaptors
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/27/2001 02:22:37
Hello Thomas!

  TM> ...the Adaptec 2940UW...I would want it for an Iomega
    > Zip 250, external SCSI.  Iomega Zip 250 external SCSI
    > is not fast SCSI or Ultra SCSI.

Sounds like overkill, but perhaps you plan to add other
devices too.  I was disappointed when Iomega told me they
had no plans for an internal SCSI 250Mb Zip drive.  I don't
even know if they make the internal SCSI 100Mb version any
more.

I was given an Adaptec AVA-1502 host adaptor by a friend. It
came with his external 100Mb Zip drive, but wasn't needed
with his machine.  Something like this may suffice for a
single 250Mb Zip drive.  Check that it has an appropriate
external (25 pin?) connector though, not all do.  A PCI card
would probably be preferable, perhaps the AVA-2906?

Regards,
  - Andy.