Subject: Re: jail FreeBSD
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/25/2001 02:06:51
On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 03:48:24PM +1000, dkwok wrote:
> I have been using NetBSD for 6 months. I have not tried FreeBSD yet. After
> coming from Linux I reckon BSD is much more organized and matured. I have
> been using Linuxrouter for 2 years. After hearing that BSD is more efficient
> in the IP stack and decided to use it as my Cable gateway, I have
> experienced about 50% speed.Although the machine is slightly better in spec.
> Now I want to try FreeBSD, after hearing heavy loaded web sites mostly using
> FreeBSD. Are you opinon on this?

I are opinon on this as follows:

If you have a cablemodem that's fast enough that what operating system you
run on its router actually _matters_, I don't want your favorite operating
system; I want your cablemodem.

Or, in other words, whatever the source of your performance problem, I don't
think it's what you think it is.