Subject: Experience with Dell Latitude CP?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/25/2001 01:13:09
What experience people have with running NetBSD on Dell Latitude CP?

I've got one recently and installed 1.5.1_BETA2 on it.  My previous
NetBSD experience was exclusively with sparc (plus some vax).

Bumped into kern/11451 (Megahertz XJEM3336 ether/modem combo) but with
a little vivisection on dev/pcmcia/mhzc.c I've got it attaching
ethernet.

Audio doesn't work.  audioplay(1) fails to set audio info and mpg123
stalls at the first second of audio and when I kill it kernel writes
sbdsp_halt_output: failed to halt.  Any hints?  Attachment for sb0 at
isa in GENERIC_LAPTOP is spelled out in great detail that I don't
think I understand. ;-)

Is IR port supported?  Would be really nice for my Palm Vx.

BTW, why 1.5.1_BETA2 base.tgz has almost unpopulated
/usr/share/locale?  I pulled ru_RU.KOI8-R from my sparc box.

Thanks in advance.

SY, Uwe