Subject: xi0: discarding oversize frame
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jon.perkin@bbc.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/22/2001 16:52:32
Hi folks,

I have a Sony VAIO F807k with a 16bit Intel EtherExpress pccard running
NetBSD-1-5 -> 1.5.1_BETA2 as of today.  Whilst the generic kernel which
installed from bootlap[12].fs at install time works fine, whenever I try
a custom compiled kernel I always get

xi0: discarding oversize frame

and the majority of packets fail to receive properly.

I've checked sysctl's (in particular nmbclusters) and tried a gazillion
different kernel configurations (always trying to make it as minimal as
possible to reduce problems) but I can't figure it out.  Obviously this
is problematic, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd
appreciate it - the only similar occurence I can find of this problem
is on one of the vax ports lists and NFS related.

Cheers,

	Jon
--
 Jonathan Perkin - BBC Internet Services - http://support.bbc.co.uk/