Subject: Re: Better to roll your own, or not?
To: None <dtroeger@ix.netcom.com>
From: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@soum.co.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/22/2001 12:00:56
> Actually, I am more surprised than anything else -- NetBSD has
> been wonderfully stable, useful, and predictable over the three years
> I've used it.

Hey, me too. I'm always thankful to Gods. :-)

> What information would be useful in tracking this down?  I used
> pkgsrc.tar.gz dated April 21; I have 1.5 from the Wasabi CD; I have
> some packages installed from the Wasabi distribution -- which predates
> April 21 by some months. As I mentioned, the package did build and
> register correctly -- on both this machine and on an older Tecra
> 510 CDT.  On the Tecra - also with some packages from the Wasabi
> CD and some from a newer pkgsrc.tar.gz - the result was a working
> installation of ghostscript.  On this machine (a PII Dell OptiPlex
> GXa), ghostscript did not work.

How about 'pkg_info -B ghostscript-6.01' ?

That Pkgsrc is always evolving & improving is good but, on the other
hand, makes it difficult (at least to me) to reproduce a situation
which is a snapshot of mixed things, like yours. FWIW, I've
successfully built ghostscript-6.01 from the latest pkgsrc a few days
ago.

Masao